A prefab house has been very famous lately. And you might envy your friend who possesses it. Somehow, you wonder how you can have it for your own. Then you make lots of researches on finding the most affordable one for your new dwelling place for you and your family. But, afterwards, you keep wondering whether a prefab house is strong enough or not, especially with all those natural disasters like typhoon or earthquake.
First of all, you must know the main difference among a prefab and a custom built house. A prefab house is appearing like the form of a house but it is built based on the kit. It is the factory made kit in which those panels will be reassembled by the skilled craft person from the factory. If you purchase a prefab house, you will receive panels with the manual instruction inside the package. Usually, the manufacturing companies will offer whether you want to reassemble it yourself or you need to have somep help from the crafts person from the factory.
Basically, a prefab house is perfect for those who are mobile and don’t have fixed land in building a custom built house. Prefab house is also beneficial for those who are in limited budget in building regular house. However, you can have such flexibility in building the prefab house. When you search through the internet, you can choose the best prefab house for you related with the number of bedrooms or anything else.
3. You have some choices of the layout you want. You have choices on how many bedrooms, how many bathrooms, etc. You can also buy kits in which you can do some of the inside work yourself, adding the drywall, finishing the floors, adding the plumbing, etc. Make sure you understand exactly what your kit contains and what work you will have to finish yourself when purchasing.
4. The home will be livable a lot quicker than a home would be if you built it yourself. Actually, you might be amazed at how fast these modular homes can be constructed.
5. You don't have to worry about thieves stealing your lumber as you are building it. (A problem that is growing across the nation).
6. These homes are factory built and do have to follow codes and are inspected by third parties.
7. Most modular homes will help you safe energy.
8. You can easily add more rooms onto it in the future, if the needs or money will allow.
9. If made correctly, can stay beautiful for years.
10. Modular homes are built with real 2 X 4's compared to 2 X 3's that are used in making manufactured homes.
Now for some cons that some people believe exist.
1. Although these homes are built by craftsmen, many people believe that these homes are also put together too quickly and therefore are lacking in craftsmanship.
2. They lose their market value quicker than a normal home does.
3. Some of these modular homes have had some problems with insulation and water lines.
4. Can be harder to finance than a regular home.
5. They do not build equity like regular homes do.
6. May not be as sturdy as a regular home (especially during bad weather, tornado's).